#GoOpen Ambassador District
About Open Educational Resources in GUHSD
The Grossmont Union High School District joined the #GoOpen movement in 2015 as a #GoOpen Launch District. Starting in Fall 2016, teams of teachers in four subjects began the process of curating and vetting resources in Biology, Space and Earth Science, World History, and Economics. In Fall 2017, Chemistry was added and in January 2018, the Physics team formed. At this time, over 50 teachers from across the district are involved. The first set of resources was adopted by the GUHSD Governing Board in Spring 2018. After achieving that milestone, a professional development program will be implemented. And in April 2018, GUHSD was selected as a#GoOpen Ambassador District.
This website houses the board adopted and in-progress resources for each subject. Additionally, information about our process, presentations, and the #GoOpen movement can be found in the OER Resources tab.
Completed Curriculum Collections will include:
- Core Content (textbook-style materials)
- Supplemental Materials (articles, videos, online simlations, etc.)
- Teaching Materials (lessons, projects, pacing guides, etc.)
GUHSD OER Outreach...
- Oxnard Union High School District
- Carlsbad Unified School District
- Sweetwater Union High School District
- Cajon Valley Union School District
- Lincoln Public Schools
- Dan McDowell, Director of Instructional Technology
- Franz Ruiz, Digital Learning Coach and Science Teacher
- Open is a State of Mind (Dan McDowell, Big Ideas Fest, Washington DC. 11/30/18)
- #GoOpen Treasure in a Textbook World (Dan McDowell, #OpenEd Conference, Niagara Falls, NY. 10/13/18. #GoOpen Summit Oceanside, CA. 4/13/2018)
- How to Develop Standards Based OER Curriculum (Franz Ruiz and Annika Goodin, #GoOpen Summit Oceanside, CA. 4/13/2018, Cajon Valley Union School District, 5/2/2018)
- How to Develop Standards-Based OER Curriculum (Franz Ruiz and Annika Goodin, Spring CUE 2018, 3/17/18)
- Developing Standards-Based OER Curriculum (Franz Ruiz and Annika Goodin, SDCUE Tech Fair, 11/04/17)
- Revising and Remixing a Rubric (Dan McDowell, #GoOpen Anaheim Summit, 03/14/2017,)
- Navigating Organization Change in a #GoOpen World (Dan McDowell and Franz Ruiz, #GoOpen Vista Summit, 10/07/2016)